Saturday, January 12, 2013

altered book--The Math Important Book


I was lucky enough to score a discarded book in our school library at the beginning of the school year and it is serving as the base for my "altered" version of The Math Important Book.  I have gotten very few pages done because I am trying to keep up with the journal version I am doing with the kids in my advanced classes this year.  I plan to develop this one on my own time and maybe set a goal to finish it over the summer.

I love the book i found because it has a 'nerd' theme and have some amazing geek quotes at the top of each page which allows me to pick and choose the best place for each topic/concept.

{for instance}
 

{"I'm not anti-social, I'm just not user-friendly"  Thought that was perfect for any irrational number, but especially pi--it seems to be one of the most popular irrational number even among the not-so-mathy folk}




No comments:

Post a Comment